Malé / K. Atoll
jobs / Business Support Services
Posted 2 weeks ago
No. of positions: 1
Job requisition No: TM/JR/2023/013
Start Date: Immediate Job posting date: 14 November 2023
Closing date: 23 November 2023 before 4:00pm (Male’ Time)
Duration of Contract: Initial fixed-term contract of 1 year (with a 3-month probation period) with the possibility of extension
1. Organizational Background
Transparency Maldives is a non-political organization that endeavours to be a constructive force in society by promoting collaboration and discussion on corruption, transparency, and accountability. Our organization seeks to engage with stakeholders from all sectors (government, business, politics, and civil society, among others) to raise awareness of corruption’s detrimental effects on development and society, improve transparency and accountability in governance, and eliminate corruption from the daily lives of people. Transparency Maldives received formal government registration in 2007 and is the National Chapter of Transparency International (TI) in the Maldives.
TM’s current focus areas include advocating for electoral integrity, anti-corruption, and good governance, promoting open and democratic space, strengthening climate governance framework, and promoting community resilience and social cohesion. Transparency Maldives also supports communities across the country through its Advocacy and Legal Advice Center (ALAC), which provides legal advice and support to witnesses and victims of corruption and human rights violations.
2. Position Summary
The Project Coordinator will be a core member of the project team “Promoting resilience in the Maldives” (PRIME) project. PRIME aims to foster community resilience and social cohesion to address social issues of concern to youth and their communities, thus, making them less vulnerable to violent extremist forces. PRIME project focuses on preventive measures by addressing the barriers to social cohesion and other social issues that prevents young people from achieving their full potential as economically and socially contributing citizens of Maldives. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for planning and implementing project activities as per the project work plan to achieve project objectives. The Project Coordinator will also undertake relevant research and work with the team to develop and implement outreach programs. The Project Coordinator will report to the Program Manager and will work closely with the project team to execute project activities.
3. Key Roles and Responsibilities
a. Project Management & Implementation
• Under guidance from the Program Manager, coordinate and implement project activities as per agreed timelines and workplans.
• Develop activity concept notes, timelines, budget requests and relevant documents to implement project timelines.
• Travel to field as required to implement project activities and manage logistics for activities.
• Under the guidance of the Senior Program/Project Coordinator and Program Manager, organize capacity building workshops, seminars, camps and conferences,
• Review/update training materials for trainings/workshops conducted by the Project and coordinate/facilitate sessions as required.
• Contribute to budget preparation and expense control activities.
• In close coordination with the MEL team organize and manage collection of data for monitoring and reporting.
• Participate and contribute towards project planning, budgeting, and monitor budget utilization for specific activities.
• Prepare regular updates on progress and status of project implementation to Program Manager.
• Report on program implementation and budget utilization to the management.
• As and when required provide programmatic inputs and support to grants team, including contributing to the development of calls for grants, technical evaluation of grants proposals, and review of subgrantee activities to ensure quality of work implemented by subgrantees.
• Coordinate with consultants, sub-grantees and sub-awardees on implementation of activities.
• Coordinate with the communications team to develop communication plans for project activities.
• Support/develop positions papers/ publication pieces/ messaging as required.
• Develop and maintain a schedule for outreach activities, including community engagements, appearances, and other activities.
• Assist in preparation of annual budget for activities and execute project activities assigned.
• Develop project proposals, programmes, and detailed work plan to enhance TM’s community engagement and outreach efforts.
• Develop and manage stakeholder contacts lists to ensure that activities and programmes are successfully implemented.
• Manage partnerships and relationships with relevant stakeholders and maintain updated partner contact list.
• Coordinate with the Communications team to develop communications plans to promote community engagement and outreach activities.
• Provide timely inputs to progress reports (narrative and budgetary) for senior management.
c. Research and Advocacy
• Support research initiatives of the project, including conducting desk research on project focus areas, providing logistical and technical support to research consultants as and when needed.
• Review and contribute to draft research reports produced by the project.
• Ensure all project related contracts, documents and communication are filed and stored in a secure and timely manner as per organizational practices.
• Contribute to the development of timelines and workplans across all the projects to ensure smooth implementation of projects, avoid overlaps, and manage workload.
• Support other project teams in delivery, as and when required.
• Support core areas of TM such as elections observation and advocacy initiatives around key focus/thematic areas.
• Domestic travel as and when required, to conduct workshops, trainings, or events.
• Participate in TM/partner events organized by other teams and partners.
• Contribute/support the development of Annual Reports and other broader organizational reports.
• Supporting the organization’s fundraising efforts (for community engagement and outreach programmes and activities).
• Provide leave cover for other project coordinators/ or Senior Project/Program Coordinators.
• Participate in domestic and international events/seminars as and when required.
• As an employee of TM, adhere to TM’s Code of Conduct and all HR policies.
• Adhere to TM’s procurement and financial policies in all project implementation.
• Work in accordance with confidentiality rules practiced at TM.
4. Key Attributes:
• Diploma in political science, international relations, development studies, social science ,sociology , economics, business administration, public administration or financial management, field with 3-year experience in social research/ community engagement/ donor relations; OR
• Bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations, development studies, social science , sociology, economics, business administration, public administration, financial management field with 1-year experience in social research/ community engagement/ donor relations.
• Ability to plan and execute project activities under the guidance of supervisor.
• Ability to train and build capacity of others.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proactive, detail oriented, highly organized, and problem-solving mindset.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
• Good knowledge of MS Office (in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Ability to handle confidential information.
• Professional language proficiency (written and spoken) in both Dhivehi and English.
• Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
• Strong commitment to Transparency Maldives’ and Transparency International’s values and standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field with over 3 years’ work experience in social research/ community engagement/ donor relations.
• Understanding and knowledge on emerging social issues and local context including social violence, social cohesion, community resilience and engagement.
• Good knowledge of gender mainstreaming concepts, tools and approaches.
• Good knowledge of political context and human rights issues in the Maldives.
• Familiar with social media tools.
• Knowledge of donor agencies and working with non-governmental organizations.
Closing date for applications: 23 November 2023 before 4pm (Male’ time)
Application and selection procedures:
Please e-mail the following documents, addressed to Executive Director.
• All documents must be emailed in pdf format.
• Completed job application form (can be downloaded from TM website https://transparency.mv/job-application-form/)
• Curriculum vitae.
• Copy of National Identity Card.
• Education certificates. (Diploma or Bachelor’s degree). (If certificate is not available, course completion letter from University/College/Institution or transcript can be attached instead)
• Employment reference letters.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Transparency Maldives is an equal opportunity employer. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
23rd November 2023, 12:00pm
Get Started in Minutes!
See why these amazing companies use us as their platform to hire dream talent.
Get updates on featured jobs, new open positions and advice on how to get hired.